below are some tips to help you prepare for storage. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact Britannia Movers International.
- If you are placing your refrigerator or freezer into storage, you should defrost them about one week beforehand.
- Make sure your washing machine and spin dryer are clean and dry.
- Everything you intend to store needs to be clean. Start preparing any outdoor or garden items well in advance.
- If you are packing and wrapping your items yourself, for self storage or mobile self storage, make sure that you have sufficient packing material, at least a week before the move.
- If you are packing for yourself, you should also make sure to label removal boxes, and to know where to find your most important items.
- Plants, food and animals cannot be stored. Make sure to make arrangements well in advance. Precious items, jewellery and money cannot be stored either.
- Make sure to wrap fragile items thoroughly in paper, bubble wrap, or foam wrap.
- If you are loading the storage container yourself, put items you think you may need access to while in storage on top.
- Do not forget to arrange insurance for all your belongings while they are being moved and kept in storage. Britannia takes exceptional care of your goods, however, for your peace of mind, we offer a comprehensive transit and storage insurance.